Movember 2019 and Team Standing Stone Games

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

Neue Mitglieder

• Movember 2019 and Team Standing Stone Games

auf >Entwicklertagebücher & offizielle Diskussion< wurde geschrieben:

As many of you may know, I do two fundraising drives for charity every year: Extra Life and Movember. I'm kicking off Movember again for both the LOTRO and DDO communities, with the goal of raising money for important men's mental and physical health issues through Team Standing Stone Games!

Why Movember?

Ever since I started doing this seven years ago, I have been getting private messages on the forums from players directly impacted by these issues. I hear from men suffering from cancers, thanking me for doing this. I hear from all genders about their loved ones; fathers, brothers, husbands, friends, partners, and children. Some have been through mental and physical health issues, and others want to make sure they have the support they need in the future should something happen.

Of particular relevance to me, and I believe the gaming community in general, is this year's focus on mental health. Too often men feel obligated to "tough it out" and keep their feelings to themselves. Too many struggle in silence. I've been guilty of that myself.

The Movember Foundation aims to reduce the rate of male suicide by 25% by 2030, and I want to help them get there.

Listen if someone is struggling. Reach out to them if they aren't getting the help they need. Help them take action if necessary.

As a token of thanks, we will once again be offering minor incentives to people who donate. Also like usual, if you want in on the giveaways, I need you to send me a quick Private Message on the forums so I can get your info in one place.

About Movember:

Read about the start and growth of Movember here: https://us.movember.com/about/history

Read Movember's annual reports, tax forms, audited statements, and more here: https://us.movember.com/about/annual-report

Read the financial snapshot here: https://us.movember.com/about/money

To donate to me:

https://mobro.co/jerrysnook

To donate to others on the Team:

https://moteam.co/standingstonegames

ANYONE is welcome to join the Standing Stone Games team.

I have set a goal of raising $2,000 personally and a total of $3,000 with Team Standing Stone Games. Since 2013, we have raised almost $19,000 for men's health!

Incentives

If you donate at least $10, you will be entered into the various Point and other drawings that are unlocked by Team Standing Stone Games reaching certain milestones. If you donate to me or another Team member, it counts!

To get them, make sure to send me a private message on the forums with the following information, so I can track it to a donation and get you your stuff. Please include the following:

The name you used for your donation:
    Forum name (or Twitter handle, etc.):
    Amount Donated:
    Date of Donation (approximate is fine):

Group incentives:

$1000 - Five 500 LOTRO Point codes and five 100 LOTRO Point codes will be randomly distributed to people who donate at least $10 to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated drawing.
    $2000 - Ten more 500 LOTRO Point and ten more 100 LOTRO Point codes will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.
    $3000 - Ten more 500 LOTRO Point and ten Aid to Those In Need Title codes will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.

If we meet our goal, we will also give away an Ultimate Edition of the Minas Morgul expansion following the end of the fundraising drive to anyone who has donated at least $10.

Individual incentives:

$5 - Forum Title of your choice, within the community guidelines. PM me with your desired choice. If you already have a custom title, I can add another!
    $10 - Custom Forum Avatar - Let me know what you want your avatar to be, and I'll do my best to make it happen.
    $20 - Two picks from the Community Loot List.
    $30 - Two additional picks from the Community Loot List
    $50 - A code for an Enduring Universal Toolkit, along with two additional picks from the Community Loot List.
    $75 - Two additional codes for an Enduring Universal Toolkit, along with a code for a brand new Title to The Lord of the Rings Online: Aid to Those in Need, which will be delivered as a code that can be applied to your account through the LOTRO Store in-game.

All incentives are cumulative, so if you donate $50, you also get the benefits of the lower tiers. If you have a specific request based on the level of your donation, just PM me and we'll sort it out. I will be taking donations through December 1st. All giveaways and incentives will take place after December 1st.

Here is the Community Loot List:

Titles

Event-related:

Artist (Prefix)
    Artist (Suffix)
    Art Lover
    Audience Member
    Concert Attendee
    Event Organizer
    Event Winner
    Musician (Prefix)
    Musician (Suffix)
    Performer of Note
    Provider of Event Information
    Speaker for the Musicians
    Speaker of Words
    Spectator
    Striving for Victory
    Viewer of Events

Other Titles:

Well Met

Housing:

Best House in the Neighborhood Trophy

Pets:

Tundra Cub
    Spirit Bear

Fiddles:

Bardic Fiddle
    Lonely Mountain Fiddle
    Sprightly Fiddle
    Traveler's Trusty Fiddle

Steeds:

Steed of the White City
    Cremello Steed
    Perlino Steed
    Steed of the Red Dawn

I'll probably do a marathon drive sometime in November, similar to what we did last month for Extra Life. Time and date TBA.

The LOTRO community has long been among the most supportive of charity, and we are set to have a lot of fun this year! Thank you for your donation, however large or small it may be.

Sincerely,
    Jerry Snook
    Cordovan - Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Quelle: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?676348-Movember-2019-and-Team-Standing-Stone-Games&goto=newpost
kostenlose Counter bei xcounter.ch